Wednesday 8 April 2015

Top 10 personal favourite eye primer



If you don't prime before applying eye makeup, you're committing a serious makeup crime. If you aren't convinced that you need (or have time for) this crucial step, maybe this will do it: Experts say that the No. 1 way to prevent makeup from melting and smudging is to prime. (Think about it this way: Taking an extra 10 seconds in the morning to apply eye primer is quicker than spending five minutes wiping eyeliner off your lower lids in the afternoon.)Below I have listed 10 eye primer products that I have used and will write a short review in each of them, starting from the least to the most favourite


10. BareMinerals Prime time Eyelid Primer 
This primer is great because the product is "light" and "weightless" when you put it on, and it keeps your eyeshadow on all day without creasing, however it does give off a shiny look after about 3+ hours due to all the excess oil. Also the downfall is that, there isn't as much product as you think there would be considering the tube looked compacted with product.

9.  IT cosmetics Bye Bye Lid Lines 







8. Mary Kay Eye Primer
Mary Kay Eye Primer is a very quick drying formula and it does give off a greasy look, infact there is no residue or creasing at all. It gives a great nice even canvas to apply eye shadow. This primer will not work on you if you have oily skin as it will not let the eyeshadow last, the oil from the eyelids will definitely dissolve the product making it ineffective.

7. Palladio Eye Primer 

A very easy blendable eye primer, as it goes on very smoothly and also prevents from creasing. Although it has a deer foot applicator and i'm not sure that there is much in the tube. The product is so clear that i have trouble telling if there's even any product on my eyelid.

6. The Balm Put a Lid On It 


I have a hooded eyelid so I have a really hard time wearing eyeshadow because by noon i am left with just a crease of goo. This product (when i use it properly) keeps my eyeshadow in place for a few hours longer, which usually gets me to the end of the work day. Some shadows work better than others with this product, but overall it helps with creasing. I don't wear eyeshadow without it. 

5.Too Faced Shadow Insurance



This product is definitely on my top 5 as it so vibrant and it even stays on when i rub my eyes by mistake. It brings out the colour in the eyeshadows and keeps them from creasing (most of the time). 99% of the time, my eyes are completely crease-free at the end of the day, but every so often there is some creasing. What i do like about this primer versus its well known competitor is that it feels alot more hydrating. 

4. Laura Mercier Eye Basics




I really like cream shadows, for a 2 minute makeup girls like me, they are the ultimate convenience. They are hard to get right, iv'e bought failures elsewhere in the past, they go on smeary, difficult to apply, or the colour just dosen't come through. This is perfect, it glides on easily, easy to blend with other eyeshadows.

3. NYX Cosmetics HD Eye Shadow Base 





This product is definitely worth it's price, however it may not be high-ended but not all expensive items act to their brand. I've been using this product for almost a year now and have no complaints, all my eyeshadows look so much better with this underneath.


2.  Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion 
This primer is perfect for those who want a shimmer as it adds a subtle sheen and colour for a nice glow. Very long lasting and it would definitely be one of those "holy grail of eye shadow primers". Although this primer may get flakey during the day and it tends to smudge.

1. Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base 




Firstly I want to say that you only need a small amount of this product, should you too much it will decrease the wear time. I like this eye primer and I personally find the doe-foot applicator more handy that those squeezy tubes you often get, however I have to say that it does not work better than my other staple eye primer (UDPP Original). I would still rather repurchase the UD one since it contains way more product (my Nars one is running low after only a couple of months) and I think the results are quite comparable. (Personally I tend to put a cream shadow on top a lot of the time to really maximise the longevity.) Still I see why people love this product and I would recommend it.


Rosa Do :)








No comments:

Post a Comment